Friday 15 April 2011

The Prophet & The Pisshead

Good afternoon Reclusites, I'm assuming that everyone has bought the J Mascis solo album 'Several shades of why' and Soundgarden's 'Live on I-5'?

After listening to bands like Soundgarden again (I haven't listened to them for quite a while because I'm trying to find 'new' bands to get into…which I'm finding really hard) you realise the weight that bands in the 90's had behind them, it's something we are trying to capture on our album, that awesome feeling of fullness that came from a few records and seems to be missing from a lot of newer bands.

Whilst we are the topic of our album, the drums, bass & guitars are now all finished, I'll put up a few studio photographs over the next few days, I've never had such fun in one room with another man (if you can call Campfire Beans' a man, more of a rock minotaur) and we actually managed to get music recorded instead of me spending a full day pleading for him to let the 'Snake' reunion happen (If you missed Snake the first time round you missed it ALL baby). I was surrounded by so many guitar effects I felt like The Edge from U2, except obviously I stepped on more than the reverb and delay pedals during the recording sessions. (Charch probably won't appreciate that one).

So it's the vocal sessions next week for a couple of days and then BOOM! Onto the finicky side of mixing etc where I truly do not shine 'un-shine' if you will, mixing schmixxing I say. We finally have settled on a title for the album which I'm keeping under wraps at the moment in case anyone steals it, we had some COOL names lined up which I am definitely using in the future!

We also had a rehearsal last night at Mike Chiplin's (of Lost Prophets fame) studio in Cilfynydd where I grew up, it really brought back memories when Charch and I were driving (well Charch was driving and I was smoking) to the studio and near my old family home there was a guy on the floor, screaming drunk in the middle of the day shouting at his phone….a phone which ladies and gentlemen…..was turned off.

Anyhoo, the rehearsal was awesome! We smashed through some newer songs which we will probably be playing live soon to see what the crowd reaction is like, but everyone in the band loved them! We have two shows this weekend which will be sporting the new songs so it's your chance to hear them first! There was a slight hiccup when I showed Al & Tom a song I wrote called 'Goodnight Boy' which has a touch of……..

*ahem*….*clears throat*……*mumbles to self*……*shuffles feet*

…..reggae to it. Let's just say the reaction was not dissimilar to when Pauly Shore releases a new film. It probably won't be used in Recluse anytime soon…..(cue Britt's reggae solo album)

In summary, the album is sounding AWESOME and I can't wait to unleash it, had a blast with our lovely photographer Daniel Matthews shooting some of the art for it, it's the most fun I've had sitting in my bath…you 'eard.

Being in a band is awesome, Being is Recluse is the best thing in my life.

Also, if you haven't already downloaded them, it's going to be your last chance to get: Baby Monster Anhedonia Tiny Revelations From www.recluse.bandcamp.com We will be discontinuing them very soon, some of the songs on those albums we will never play live again so it will be your last chance to hear them

'I don't know what he keeps inside,
But he's living like a lightning strike'

Recluse - Move me Big love, Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment